Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to launch wbx plugin?
I have found three wbx plugins in TC UP. Just to clarify: to launch them I need to run WBX.exe?
Yes.
Please note that this is experimental feature.
1. It may not be fully stable.
2. It's not built specifically for TC UP, some things may break as it starts totalcmd.exe instead of tc up.exe.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
as I guess, you are not developing it right now. But do you have plans to finish it? I really like to see pc stats in the title bar.

Another question: what can be stop working if I use wbx.exe? I can check it and give you feedback.
damat Wrote:as I guess, you are not developing it right now. But do you have plans to finish it? I really like to see pc stats in the title bar.
I intend to finish it, but I can't promise anything.
Surely not soon.

damat Wrote:Another question: what can be stop working if I use wbx.exe? I can check it and give you feedback.

Just some quick thoughts, the list might be incomplete:

1. In order not to interfere with other TCs, TC UP has own registry settings that specify ini files location. By default it's unused anyway, but there might be some difference.
2. Contents of Plugins/Library are shared among different TC UP parts. If you run TC UP portably (on a machine different from the one you installed it on) with wbx.exe, programs won't see them. Some may not work.
3. No "Total Commander Ultima Prime" at the titlebar. If you use titlebar.wbx it doesn't matter, obviously.
4. You loose some minor features like the ability to start TC minimized.

There's no need to test it now. It will be thoroughly tested when it's ready, but thanks for your offer.
it's working fine on my home pc but raises mistakes in the office. Win XP 32 bit, diffirence: notebook (home) vs two monitors desktop (office)
Thank you for the report. Could you describe the problem?
I'm at home now, will send you error messages as soon as I will get to the office (tomorrow or in couple of days)
1. TitleBar.wbx startup failed: RegQueyValueExW,0
2. TitleBar.wbx startup failed: RegQueyValueExW,0
5. TitleBar.wbx startup failed: PdhAddCounterW, c0000bbd
Isn't it that the language there is different from English?
I've heard that this often causes problems.
Both computers has English US Win XP.