Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TCUP installer size
Question 
I only want to know if the TCUP installer haves limit in his size or grows in every new version. I read the thread Please remove applications from TCUP and I understand the different points of view, however I think that it's possible create a TCUP Lite version for users that not uses all the programs that have been included in TCUP. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.
yusniel Wrote:I only want to know if the TCUP installer haves limit in his size or grows in every new version. I read the thread Please remove applications from TCUP and I understand the different points of view, however I think that it's possible create a TCUP Lite version for users that not uses all the programs that have been included in TCUP. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

We're aware of the issue and do our best to keep the installer reasonably sized. We're considering other options like online installation or light edition every few months, but sadly they are not feasible.

Adding a light version would mean increased maintenance time, something we can't afford now.

Online installation would require us to have also an offline version, so we're running into maintenance troubles here too, though slightly smaller.
Additionally, we're working on other ways of distribution in order to reduce hosting costs and online installation would disrupt these efforts.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
Please never mind it, with 100 MB you can do on pc everyting. Question is what can u do with 1,5 gb of installation windows? or how many size will take installation of many programs????

If TCUP will have 300mb, there will be the real, that user can do most of things on pc and he has complex package of programs.

If anybody says that TCUP is growing on the size, and its bad,then never understood this project.

I know if installation will grow about 30mb, TCUP team really add very useful application. They choose very tiny programs Smile

Please never mind, and if u want the basic installation, download the basic total commander from download(dot)com

[Image: viannen_89.gif]
[Image: userbarvip2.jpg]
Aj pokazene hodiny ukazuju 2x denne spravny cas! [Image: likeopera_man.gif]
xbrook Wrote:If anybody says that TCUP is growing on the size, and its bad,then never understood this project.

It seems that neither ULTIMA nor me ever understood it. Big Grin

It is about power for sure, but w/out growing too big.
Well, ULTIMA set several size limits and we exceeded them all, but it was not something we made lightly, we've spent a lot of time on size optimizations.

Unlike MS. Wink
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
xbrook Wrote:If anybody says that TCUP is growing on the size, and its bad,then never understood this project.

Thank you xbrook. I always appreciate your support.