Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
one-click options
Hi,

I'm new to TC and I would like to say that I really like this product. It seems to be exactly what I've been looking for. Kudos to the developers! Thanks for a great piece of software!

I very much like the one-click option for expanding folders. However, I would prefer not to have the one-click feature launch/open files.

Is there any way I can configure TCUP to expand directories with a single click, but to still require a double-click to open a file or launch an app?

Also, can I set the one-click to expand directories in the leftmost pane (directory tree)?

Regards,
gpco
[Configuration] section in your wincmd.ini file:
TC Help Wrote:Autotreechange=0
If set to 1, a single click on a directory in tree view switches to that directory in the other window.
also:
TC Help Wrote:SingleClickStart=0
0: Double click starts programs (default)
1: A single click starts programs and opens files (Win98 WEB style)
2: A single click only opens folders. For files, a double click is needed
4 added: The text cursor no longer follows the mouse cursor

PS. Use help file in the future Smile
[Image: dc85x15_philkc_fade22lr.png]
Thanks fenix, the singleclickstart=2 is exactly what I was looking for. Cool

The autotreechange=1 is not quite what I had in mind. I was hoping to have the single-click in the tree pane act exactly as the double-click does. Perhaps the next release can have autotreechange=2 do that! Big Grin

I'll try to do a better job reading the product help. I did look, and even did some searches here, but apparently I did not look well enough.....sorry 'bout that.

-gpco
gpco Wrote:I'll try to do a better job reading the product help. I did look, and even did some searches here, but apparently I did not look well enough.....sorry 'bout that.
No problem as long as you're willing to read that Smile

I recommend you this tool:
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/ultra_tc_editors.html

It really helps with learning about wincmd.ini settings.
[Image: dc85x15_philkc_fade22lr.png]