One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please remove applications from TCUP
fenixproductions Wrote:Ultima meant to see something like:
1. Install your Windows
2. install firewall / antivirus / patches
3. install TC UP
4. you're done - no need for anything else.

Ok it is good for un-experienced users.

My programs are on "D:\Programs" allways ready to use (portables) and I manage that folder by myself. If I need to replace it to new clean computer, I just copy that Programs folder and "Start Menu" and "Desktop" shortcuts to new computer.

fenixproductions Wrote:This is the price of not paying attention to installers. TC UP has the possibility to un-check almost every application during installation procedure for a long time (the newest version also allows to remove language files).

If you don't need some software just don't install it.

I did't know that cause I use older version TCUP without that possibility. I stoped to use newer versions cause sometimes I don't have time to customize TCUP after install, but that new options are really nice.

fenixproductions Wrote:Perhaps some people don't need it but please remember that many people want to have portable applications. I really doubt they store them in Program Files. Do you really have avery piece of software there? If not then you're denying yourself.

Oh, no, I don't use C:\Program files Smile I already sad that. I have all apps on D:\Programs and they are all portables. So before OS reinstalling I just save my shortcuts (start menu and desktop) and after installing new OS I have all apps ready to use. That's the reason why I wish small TCUP without apps Wink

fenixproductions Wrote:Doesn't seem to be portable and after all GPL licenced software is the thorn in Ultima's side. Please post suggestions in separate threads.

Portable allready exist. Here is it: http://portableapps.com/apps/office/spee...h_portable . Sorry for all suggestion in one post, but in forum don't exist separately section "Suggestions". In TCUP 4.4 I can't un-check HEXelon Sad It is disabled.

scud and fenixproductions :) Wrote:... 2 versions of TCUP. 1st version to be TCUP FULL like it is now, and new TCUP LITE version...

It sounds reasonable but I don't really know how would it be. AFAIK Ultima doesn't want to replace mentioned TCPP (even if it's quite old) but rather have something different.

OK but You can try to make two versions. Cause LITE version will be easy for download, easy for install (about 10MB instead of 100MB). Why to download 100MB and un-check all apps? All that apps to many experienced users already exist on some partition (cause that apps are all portable).

I will say that again. I wish to help to this project to be better, not to attack...Wink

Messages In This Thread
Please remove applications from TCUP - by scud - 10-31-2008, 05:10 PM
RE: Please remove applications from TCUP - by scud - 10-31-2008, 06:17 PM
RE: Please remove applications from TCUP - by m^2 - 11-01-2008, 03:50 PM