Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please remove applications from TCUP
Exclamation 
I have one suggestion. Please remove all application which are not part of TCUP like AIMP, Opera, KMPlayer, Miranda, Downloaders etc etc... Why? Cause all that application we use outside TC and it is not necessary to include that apps to bloat TCUP. Size of TCUP really grow too much. 100 MB for file browser??? It is too much! For example some people don't like Opera, they like Firefox. Why then You include portable Opera and no Portable Firefox? Why not include portable Open Office 3.0 (it is just + 300MB) LOL. Developers of TCUP, You really go to wrong way... Point is to make small but powerful file browser, not as container for all apps on the world.

First thing what I do after installing TCUP is removing applications. Why to spend 1 hour for removing apps to make TCUP small on size??? My TCUP without apps is just 10 MB instead of 100 MB. And I already have all that apps like AIMP, Firefox, KMPlayer, Miranda on my hard as portables and I update that apps for myself. I don't need to wait for new version to update my apps on hard. People don't need apps on two places. On folders in hard and in TCUP. So please take this post as very serious. I think good idea is to leave apps as editors, some viewers etc, but not big standalone apps.

Anyway, that calculator HEXelon is very very bad. Much better is SpeedCrunch http://speedcrunch.org/en_US/index.html .

Suggestion or maybe idea for end of this post is to make 2 versions of TCUP. 1st version to be TCUP FULL like it is now, and new TCUP LITE version which don't have custom big apps inside, small on size and fast (with all plugins without apps). Why not? It is easy to do... I can even help in that if You wish, cause I make TCUP small every time after installation of new version...

Messages In This Thread
Please remove applications from TCUP - by scud - 10-31-2008, 05:10 PM
RE: Please remove applications from TCUP - by m^2 - 11-01-2008, 03:50 PM