Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Miranda discussion
Split from here, moderator m^2

damat Wrote:About new plugin: I use my own custom Miranda 0.3.3.1 with minimum amount of plugins
0.3.3.1? Really?

It's been a long time since that release and Miranda went long road since then. I truly recommend to update it (at least to last stable version - 0.7.10).
[Image: dc85x15_philkc_fade22lr.png]
Yeah, I'm oldschool boy =) haven't yet tried to get only core Miranda files, but probably some day that will happen
2damat
I have old-school habits too but sometimes I can learn new thingsWink

Old Miranda versions were pain in the ... in the meaning of stability or customization options. That is why I am surprised.
I can send you my version to try, it's more than nice. Just let me know
I'm 0.7.10 now... what's the difference& =)
damat Wrote:I'm 0.7.10 now... what's the difference& =)

I believe that old version worked fine for you but take a look on Options dialog Wink Miranda should still work OK but be easier to configure (thanks to plugins filter).

All last topic were about the sense of upgrading. Even if you could see nothing there will be many bug fixes hidden. And now we can only wait for stable 0.8 release (ex. for modern clist's "[i]" status messages fix). I will not recommend current alphas because of too many changes of whole Miranda engine (like UUID requirements in first phases and no UUIDs later, etc.) although.
mmm... I use only ICQ and have used Jabber inside Miranda. I don't like photos in avatars, I don't really care about statuses, don't need pop ups, don't like "Vista" style =) I'm really old school user.

For the moment I really want to have ICQ inside portable Skype, that's some kind of a dream. Probably, I don't know something, but it's not yet possible. Will be glad to hear anything about.

Bugs and so on - I've got your point. Sometimes I was experiencing troubles with sending messages to specific users, but that was not regular bug.
damat Wrote:mmm... I use only ICQ and have used Jabber inside Miranda. I don't like photos in avatars, I don't really care about statuses, don't need pop ups, don't like "Vista" style =) I'm really old school user.
Agree with Vista part. I dont use so much customized Miranda but some of layout changes I did in the past.

damat Wrote:For the moment I really want to have ICQ inside portable Skype, that's some kind of a dream. Probably, I don't know something, but it's not yet possible. Will be glad to hear anything about.

There is Skype plugin but it only supports text messaging. Personally I think there will be no good support for your need, neither from Miranda guys (closed protocol) nor Skype (they don't aim for muli-protocols client).

damat Wrote:Bugs and so on - I've got your point. Sometimes I was experiencing troubles with sending messages to specific users, but that was not regular bug.

That was something I experienced in the past but why should I learn how to avoid the bugs if it's possible to get them fixed for free? Non-regular bugs make it even harder to learn.
This is what I call simple Miranda:

[Image: miranda-th.jpg]

I don't have detailed profile viewer since I don't need it. But what I really like is quick search plugin. Also I really like to use shortcuts both for Miranda window (ctrl+alt+]) and quick search (f3): this way I'm really fast.
Bug found: renaming of contacts with f2 doesn't work. After restart I have old names.