Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AbiWord
AbiWord is a free word processing program similar to Microsoft® Word. It is suitable for a wide variety of word processing tasks: http://www.abisource.com/

Let's have it inside!
If you can't do this or you don't time for that, say it straight. I'm surprised that my posts are not answered without any real reason.
damat Wrote:If you can't do this or you don't time for that, say it straight. I'm surprised that my posts are not answered without any real reason.

Some posts have to be answered by Ultima himself and he's a busy person, can't visit this forum everyday.
All I can say is that he'll probably refuse - Angel Writer is less powerful, but much smaller, much faster and almost always good enough.
Please be patient and wait for the final answer.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
Ok, but my post about clip2net is posted 2008-08-20, viewed over 500 times and there's no answer. I'm patient but sometimes ... =)

Angel Writer is rtf only while AbiWord works with doc. That was the reason to suggest it.
damat Wrote:Ok, but my post about clip2net is posted 2008-08-20, viewed over 500 times and there's no answer. I'm patient but sometimes ... =)

He seems to have missed it.
OK, some bumps are worthwhile...Wink
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
damat Wrote:Angel Writer is rtf only while AbiWord works with doc. That was the reason to suggest it.

And that is a good reason.

Before adding Angel Writer to TC UP I had tested few applications for documents editing and I remember that there were some problems with this software. I've checked it once again after your post and I have to write it is working excellent. I will ask the authors for agreement but please remember that I am worried about GPL licensing.
I'm glad to hear it. AbiWord is already in my TC UP =)
As I previously said: the main problem is GPL licensing. Without clear situation from author or help from professional lawyer we can't add this application.
We've been trying to contact with author but there is none for Abiword. Whole project is scattered between many developers and no one can give clear answer or permission. The only help we gained was advice to hire a lawyer. Unfortunately, we can't simply do that.
Thanks for trying!