Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uninstall deleted everything
Hello There,
Just uninstalled the ULTIMA Prime and to my surprise everything on my computer was deleted including private named directories and files.
Shortcuts dektop settings outlook psts...you name it...
The laptop is a it was sent from factory in an other term I LOST All my files.
I have a friend of mine who installed the program also and is afraid to uninstall it so he wouldn't face the same result.

Do you have any way to uninstall it safely without destroying all the files.

//WoofWoofX
Really sorry for your lost.

woofwoofx Wrote:Do you have any way to uninstall it safely without destroying all the files.

The standard uninstaller should not delete anything except TC UP's folder.
What exactly did you do to uninstall? Where did you have your TC UP folder? The only thing that cross my mind is that somehow you'd installed project into your "Documents & Settings" directory.
I've installed and unistalled this app many times and I've never had such a problem. I assume that there are a days that Ultima is doing this one a lot (more than 20x imho).

If your friend is using context menu extension he should use this command in system command line (Start -> Run -> cmd -> ENTER):
Code:
regsvr32 /u "XXX\Plugins\Library\TCUPShellExt.dll"
where:
XXX - is path to TC UP

i.e.
Code:
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\TC UP\Plugins\Library\TCUPShellExt.dll"
after message about successful library unregistered he should:
- delete shortcuts to TC UP,
- delete TC UP folder.

PS. If he were using TCUPItegrator he should change everything back in it (no assignments for TC UP).
[Image: dc85x15_philkc_fade22lr.png]
1. In which directory did you install TC UP?
2. What operating system have you been using for that?
Thanks amillion for your reply,
The program was installed in "C:\Program Files\TC UP\" on a windows 2000 platform.

The installation was very straight forward and same as Uninstall, following recommended "NEXT"..."NEXT" ..."FINSH" step it worked fine, where I was able to see the flow of files in the window running during the uninstallation sequence (same as installation) except when I clicked the START... Programs... the list was empty as well as for the quicklaunch links...IExplorer favorites...Outlook .pst's...Program files ...My documents everything has been deleted....

Quote:PS. If he were using TCUPItegrator he should change everything back in it (no assignments for TC UP).

Can you please elabprate on this ?

BTW I was ablt to recover 80% of the Data using a file recovery program where most where found in the deleted section.
I've been trying to get data lost on my Windows 2000 installation under VirtualPC. I've checked different installation paths, user accounts and even killed uninstaller few times in task manager. After about 15 tries I can only feel sorry because none of them gives an error. Each time TC UP stuff has been deleted and nothing more.

The only thing I can recommend is standard PC corruption check procedures:
- antivirus / antispyware full scan,
- hdd check,
- memory check.

woofwoofx Wrote:
Quote:PS. If he were using TCUPItegrator he should change everything back in it (no assignments for TC UP).

Can you please elabprate on this ?

Run TCUPIntegrator, navigate through tabs and see if he assigned something to TC UP or any of its applications.
[Image: dc85x15_philkc_fade22lr.png]
Quote:Run TCUPIntegrator, navigate through tabs and see if he assigned something to TC UP or any of its applications.

ok Done that,
apart from the path...nothing points to TC UP...