Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be a Linux COmmander Ultima Prime???
Big Grin 
Hi to all. Great work on TCUP. This is probably THE best program ever made. It has everything one needs to work on computer. Thank You VERY VERY MUCH TCUP team!
Anyway, I am a *Linux/*BSD/*nix user. I am wondering, if there is going to be a similar (the same) project for those operating systems??? It is the most powerful set of apps, and it is a shame, nobody made one for free OS users... I would REALLY like to see one made.
And even maybe, TCUP team can take andvantage of linux usability, and make a TCUP desktop environment... IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!
There are many many ways to do it...
Thank You!!!
shadowman Wrote:Hi to all. Great work on TCUP. This is probably THE best program ever made. It has everything one needs to work on computer. Thank You VERY VERY MUCH TCUP team!
Anyway, I am a *Linux/*BSD/*nix user. I am wondering, if there is going to be a similar (the same) project for those operating systems??? It is the most powerful set of apps, and it is a shame, nobody made one for free OS users... I would REALLY like to see one made.
And even maybe, TCUP team can take andvantage of linux usability, and make a TCUP desktop environment... IT WOULD BE GREAT!!!
There are many many ways to do it...
Thank You!!!
TC UP should work under wine. There may be some problems, but probably nothing really big.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
Thank You. I didn't think of that.
But, I was wondering if here is going to be a real Linux release. There are some programs for Linux similar to TC (gnome commander and bsc), but they are not as powerful as TCUP.

Would be a powerful project...

Maybe even a distribution???
Somewhere in the future.
It is just a thought.
shadowman Wrote:Thank You. I didn't think of that.
But, I was wondering if here is going to be a real Linux release. There are some programs for Linux similar to TC (gnome commander and bsc), but they are not as powerful as TCUP.

Would be a powerful project...

Maybe even a distribution???
Somewhere in the future.
It is just a thought.
I don't think it will be done. TC UP as it is now is an effect of over 2 years of hard work...and is far from finished. Making such thing for *ix would require similar amount of work...ar even higher - I don't know gnome commander and bsc, but I've never seen a file manager even nearly extendable as Total Commander.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
m^2 Wrote:I don't know gnome commander and bsc, but I've never seen a file manager even nearly extendable as Total Commander.

Some time ago I've checked dozen of GNU/Linux file managers. The most powerful one was Krusader but... none of them was as good as TC. One thing that amazed me was TC under WINE - it had worked better than any other native file manager. Only Midnight Commander had more speed than TC. There were some problems rarely but the only one I remember is bad icons display on the toolbar.

PS. Tested under KDE, Gnome and Fluxbox for SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu and Gentoo.
[Image: dc85x15_philkc_fade22lr.png]