Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! TC UP Integrator (1.2), need ideas!!!
[HUN Wrote:Peti]
You got the point there. How would create them? Maybe community, but it is impossible for us. Indeed, letting the user select the application's exe and then replace all links to the files in TC UP's ini files. But it has one drawback for sure: What if they want to add VirtualDubMod for example? We don't have a videoeditor yet, so it would be impossible this way, or if they want to keep Notepad++ and HateML but they want to add PSPad. This is pretty hard with the current TC buttonbars and menus, but as soon as WBX is ready it'll be no problem at all. Just setting OFTC... But I think that community work should be implemented: a guy from mexico adds his favourite application, and sets its associations and everything. And then, when a guy from South Africa tries to add the same app, it can download the necessary settings from TC UP's server. What do you think?Big Grin

1. It may be good as long as there's really big interest. I doubt it will be good enough. We'll surely get configs for things like Winamp, but I think there are too many popular media players to get them all in reasonable time (1/2 year?). Similarly with almost everything else in the package.
2. "if they want to keep Notepad++ and HateML but they want to add PSPad. ". I don't see acceptable implementation of such thing. Adding it would mean replacing some file type handlers, currently set for N++/HateML. Which ones? It's totally up to the user. It's likely that you'll have either 10 different versions, try them all and find that none does what you want. Not a nice thing.

How would wbx help?
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
OFTC is a hard one. It would be best to rewrite its whole config, when the user adds something. It needs too much work.:'(
Wbx would let me create a new interface for TC UP, new menus, and auto-resizing buttonbars... I could create it to make adding new parts easy, I mean just look at TC's MNU files, they are pure RC/RES files, it is too hard to mofify them like that, and keep their alphabetical order.
As soon as WBX platform is ready, and I learn C++ fully, it would be pretty easy to create that interface stuff. And when it's ready, it will make adding stuff easy.Wink
[Image: selifest_admin.png]
[Image: selifest_wiki_auth.png]
Need to easily change the ini files folder of tcup

there was an utility for doing so under tc called inireloc, but apparently it doesn't work anymore with tcup.
Having the inis in a different folder lets me to keep the ftp settings, among other thigs such bar icons, tab settings, folder menus, last position, etc kept apart from the program folder and thus is easier to recover my personal settings when I update (which happens very often, well done job!) tcup

I thing a such tool as inireloc would be very appreciated. Thanks
thisisnotme Wrote:Need to easily change the ini files folder of tcup

there was an utility for doing so under tc called inireloc, but apparently it doesn't work anymore with tcup.
Having the inis in a different folder lets me to keep the ftp settings, among other thigs such bar icons, tab settings, folder menus, last position, etc kept apart from the program folder and thus is easier to recover my personal settings when I update (which happens very often, well done job!) tcup

I thing a such tool as inireloc would be very appreciated. Thanks
Open wincmd.ini
Thank you for your suggestion, we will consider it.

Currently, it is possible to change .ini files location just like IniReloc does, you have to do it manually though. Run regedit. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software. Create there a new key named "Total Commander Ultima Prime". In this key, add "IniFileName" string value and set it to the new wincmd.ini path e.g. "C:\Documents and Settings\thisisnotme\Total Commander Ultima Prime\wincmd.ini". Open wincmd.ini in the main TC UP directory, find "UseIniInProgramDir=7" line and delete it.
Copy wincmd.ini, buttonbar.ini, color.ini that you have in the main TC UP directory to the new location.

We do not recommend it though. TC UP was designed to be portable application and if you move configuration files somewhere else you will go into some integration related issues.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]