Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Important! TC UP Integrator (1.2), need ideas!!!
Cimpr Wrote:I will be great have option "Integration to Explorer's context menu".

Great idea.

It will be available from TC UP 3.5
Sorry Guys, really...
I thought about this before I started this thread. Indeed it is a great idea. But I tried to do it in Registry, and failed, Windows just insisted on using Explorer intstead of TC UP. I won't give up though, but I seriously doubt that this will be in 3.5...

If anyone knows which Registry key to modify... tell me...
[Image: selifest_admin.png]
[Image: selifest_wiki_auth.png]
Misunderstood...
I haven't tried context menu yet, only associating directory with TC UP. We'll see... sooner or later.Big Grin
2Peti: No matter when it will be done. I'll wait for it Cool
@[HUN]Peti
It's been discussed in official forum that this assignment is not really possible (I can't find proper thread).

Try this instead:
http://www.ghisler.ch/wiki/index.php/Exp...ntegration
[Image: dc85x15_philkc_fade22lr.png]
Wink 
Hi all ! I gues it can be done Tongue , i made these for TotalCMD some time ago so it's posible. I will post the RegKey wen it's done but as an ideea the answer is here: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\
PlaY Wrote:Hi all ! I gues it can be done Tongue , i made these for TotalCMD some time ago so it's posible. I will post the RegKey wen it's done but as an ideea the answer is here: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\

This is abaout as far as I knew... I tried doing things here but with no luck... anyway, when I have time, I'll continue. Strange but there is a HKCR\Directory key as well... well, it is a Microsoft operating system after all.XD
probably I do have another two new features, you could implement...

1.) Cleanup directories: unnecessary files, which are installed, could be removed (like unnused languages... and they are not only in TCUPs own language folder... the most "additional app" has it's own folders... probably the readme files and so on...)

2.) Integrate additional apps... actually it's not a really hard job, to integrate other apps... we have an example for firefox portable already here in the forum.. I long for a couple of apps, I find really useful, but either are they shareware or ultima do not want them... Like "LingoPad", SysInternals "Process Explorer" or "MP3Tag". Sure, I can install them and manually edit Totalcmd.ini and the *.bar files... but could not that be done by this tool? I just select the application in it's path... the rest is done automatically...

greetings,

crowley
@crowley
Ad. 1. Maybe ULTIMA would consider giving the possibility to choose needed languages during the installation process.

Ad. 2. Integrating other applications would require huge database of possible software to be included in. Think about the amount of favourite applications for different users. This is much easier to leave it to themselves.

PS. Adding applications to TC UP is not always the case of licence or ULTIMA's preferences. Sometimes authors say "No" even for freeware tools. Sometimes it is hard to gain any information (e.g. Process Explorer) from apps owners.
[Image: dc85x15_philkc_fade22lr.png]
fenixproductions Wrote:Ad. 2. Integrating other applications would require huge database of possible software to be included in. Think about the amount of favourite applications for different users. This is much easier to leave it to themselves.
How about more generic approach?
"Replace [list of TC UP programs] with ...".
User would choose a position from the list and then a replacement for it. Integrator would read configuration and do the job. "Restore" is needed, because there may be some problems like unusual way of passing parameters.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]