Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floating point error with TCUP 6.1
I downloaded version 6.1. After installation, it loaded but was accompanied by an endless error message saying "invalid floating point operation". This message was displayed repeatedly in successive windows with a loud sound.

I am installing under Windows 8.1. What is the cause of this message and how can it be corrected?

Thanks
(04-05-2015, 08:28 PM)Pawel Wrote: Hi,
Thanks for report.
Yes, I know the problem. However, I can not reproduce it (I saw it once on my old PC). It is because of some empty value. Could you provide some scrrenshots?

As far as I remember, you need to disable displaying info on TC titlebar. To do it, please do the following:
1. Close TC UP (terminate all processes)
2. Go to TC UP installation directory and find TC UP.ini file. Open it in notepad.
3. You will have to change one value.
[TCUP]
ShowInfo=1 -> ShowInfo=0

4. Save and exit.
5. Run TC UP. Tell me if problem still exists

I will try to fix the issue for 6.2, but need to know what causes the problem... It will be difficult as I can't reproduce it. I hope you will help.

PS: Please, test this build. Tell me what message do you see before application close.
Unpack, copy to TC UP directory and run. If you changed tc up.ini, change it back:
[TCUP]
ShowInfo=1

http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/1428270656/TC-UP.7z

-Pawel

Thanks for the solution. The new build solved the problem. I have experimented with ShowInfo=1 and ShowInfo=0 and I have not received any messages. But I shall continue experimwntation and shall indicate any problems to you.

Ntahngoh