Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TC UP 3.0: TC UP ULTIMATE
Question 
One of 3.0's additions is ULTIMATE, what can create shortcuts, set up file associations, and open files with TC's wlx plugins.
I was in a hurry when I made its file extension set, so there are missing file types, that could be in it.
I know that m3u, wmv, ogg types are missing, and I think they will be added in TC UP 3.1.

Users! Please tell file extensions that you know they can be started with TC UP's programs and are not in ULTIMATE yet!
THX in advance!

PS.: I tried to add html and other "web" types to be associated with Opera, but it didn't work somewhy, so you'll have to set that in Opera. BTW I suggest using Mozilla Firefox.Wink
[Image: selifest_admin.png]
[Image: selifest_wiki_auth.png]
Exclamation 
Attention!
ULTIMA PRIME made a misteke while he was editing the configuration file of TC UP ULTIMATE.
Problem: there are many file types what ULTIMATE's Viewer can't handle.
It's because they are not specified in the config, in this case, it should open them in the default viewer, GSA Lister.
You can fix this problem by opening c:\Program Files\TC UP\PLUGINS\Tools\TCUPULTIMATE\TCUPULTIMATE.ini with a text editor (I suggest Notepad++ from TC UP),
Look for section [plugins],
Add the following line to this section:
?=..\..\wlx\GSALister\GSALister.wlx

So if you try to open a "Read.Me" file with F3, TC UP ULTIMATE will be able to handle it with no problem.
I'm a happy user of TC UP 2.5 that is having lots of problems with 3.0.
The new GSAlister is a mess for me.

1 - arrow keys do not move the cursor. they just jump between the buttons "settings" and "GSAlister" (doh!)

2- esc doesn't close like in all other listers (I like closing with esc)

I have lost all my file associations. Is there any way to import those for the new ULTIMATE plugin? Thanks
urlwolf Wrote:The new GSAlister is a mess for me.

1 - arrow keys do not move the cursor. they just jump between the buttons "settings" and "GSAlister" (doh!)

What Windows version do you use?
I experience neither of these problems.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
m^2 Wrote:
urlwolf Wrote:The new GSAlister is a mess for me.

What Windows version do you use?
I experience neither of these problems.

win XP SP2

I know it's weird. I have reinstalled TC UP.
I do run ahk scripts and have many sortcuts, but I don't think that's the issue; I have tried closing ahk scripts, and the problem still persits

THanks
I know what. You don't understand your problem:
so you have pressed F3 on a file, not supported by any other wlx plugins, only GSALister. So you are not running TC's lister (which would be the best), but TC UP ULTIMATE, which is a replacement for it. Originally I made it to have ICLView on ico files, but in 2.9, ULTIMA changed F3, so it used OpenFileTC to open files on F3... it couldn't open txt files and others... user had to press SHIFT+F3 to do that. And then Ultimate came with its support for wlx (Lister) plugins and he added it to OFTC and associated with particular filetypes. So I'm almost sure you have opened an ASCII file, like TXT (or NFO).
The problem is that ULTIMATE is not lister, just tries to do what lister did. (You still can use lister with shift+f3 or by setting it in TC). As it isn't TC's part it sure isn't as effective as it should be... so you have ULTIMATE running and when you press an arrow key, it starts flashing GSALister and Settings buttons (they are on ULTIMATE's panel).
This problem is not in GSALister, and when I made ULTIMATE, I didn't know how to correct this problem, because using wlx plugins is not as easy as you may think.
That will be fixed, I think, but it needs time, as I'm a student now...Sad So I don't have much time to do tricks like that. But don't worry.Wink
Hy!

TCUP is best program, but 2.9, 3.0 new changes in F3 viewer to shift+F3 and select the program is too slowly operation(nfo, txt, ect.).
And too hard to set file type and open the specific extension. I try-try the set the viwer in new version but not succes. If reverse the viewer functions are much better and faster.
english is not good, sry.

---------------
Peti ide lehet magyarul is irni neked? mert akkor kicsit konnyebben tudnám elmondani mi a gondom.
Configuration > Edit/View > Viewer for F3 > Internal Viewer with selected files

Beállítások > Szerkesztő/Nézőke > Nézőke F3-mal > Beépített nézőkével a kijelölt fájlt

But if you do this, you can't run applications on F3 key (e.g. AIMP for mp3, KMPlayer for avi, ...).
Great, that fixed it.
Now, I don't get icons next to the menu items with TC UP 3.0, but I do with the standard TC 7.02. Is there any way to get the icons back?
Thanks
Configuration > Icons > Icons in main menu > Show icons for commands in the main menu