Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening TC UP with WIN+E keys
Normale if you press the windows and E key windows explorer will open. Is it possible to change this so TC UP will open when i press this keys? How can I do this?
I'm afraid, it seems to be impossible without some internal windows hacks. I tried my standard tool for this task..and surprisingly it failed. So I downloaded a more specialized tool...and got the same result. You can set another hotkey though.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
How can i set such a hotkey?
It isn't impossible to set Win+? (? is any character) but it can't be done from basic windows user interface.
But you can set Ctrl+Alt+? and Ctrl+Shift+? hotkey this way: click on the desktop shortcut of TC UP with the right mouse button, hit Properties.
Then in the Properties dialog click on Hotkey textarea, which is "None" by default, there hit your key combination, for example Ctrl+Shif+T.
Click Ok, it will open TC UP whenever you hit this combination.
[Image: selifest_admin.png]
[Image: selifest_wiki_auth.png]
I digged deeper and found HOWTO: Remap Win-E to Xplorer2. Do you need anything more?
Tongue 
Found the solution of [HUN]Peti easier. Thanks for the tips...
Sure.Big Grin But m^2's post is a better solution, registry editing, though it would be possible to create a program that monitors for hotkeys, this is better, because this doesn't need additional CPU capacity, origrinal windows hooks (i guess explorer.exe)...

Hey ULTIMA, will this hotkey stuff added in 3.0?
Looking forward to the new version. Can't wait to see whats added this time. I only know that my language is added in this version.Cool
I suggest another hotkey stuff (Actually I did it before.). PowerPro. It's way more powerful than any competitor. Comfortable to configure GUI enchantments (i.e. I use RClick on close button->force close, RClick on minimize->minimize to tray, snipplets,...), own scripting language (similar to AutoHotKey / AutoIt, but plugginable...with lots of plugins). Fully portable, not very big (6 MB, but can be well optimized, my takes 2MB, it would require author's agreement though).
PowerPRO is good stuff, and really powerful but it has a bad interface for settings, and if you want to set something, you need to do the whole wizard again (or you can use the config file).It does not contain XP manifest (though it can be added easily). Adding this to the project would be good but I think you, m^2 will have to set it before packing the release. A user does not have to learn how this program works, it's hard to understand everything in it.
But this right click thing would be nice.