Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to uinstall - remove All Player
Hi to all,

I'm a newbie on this forum.... though I have been using TC UP v2.8 for last couple of weeks and I'm impressed.
One thing on which I require you'll guidance is how to remove All Player from TC UP ? If that is not possible than how to at least remove the association of movie - medial files extension to this player. That damn things immediately pops up as soon as any medial file is clicked (that's because I foolishly said yes to make All Player be the default programme when opening medial files while installing the programme), it just refuses to work and sits there and shows me its main facade on the screen.
It's a pain to every time open windows explorer, right click the media file and choose another programme. Sad Sad
Your kind assistance will be appreciated.

Moksha
You can't remove it from TC UP, though it isn't as useful as other media players.
But you can change file associations: most of programs have association page in their settings, like Windows Media Player, BSPlayer, Media Player Classic, Winamp etc.
If you want to use one of these you can find the thing you need in Settings.
Or you can configure associations in Control Panel: Directory Settings (or something like that, I'm using Hungarian XP, its icon is a directory icon with a red check on it). There you can find "File types".
[Image: selifest_admin.png]
[Image: selifest_wiki_auth.png]
Tongue 
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply and kind suggestion.
I did the needful in the control panel and it worked.
I appreciate your help
Thanks again WinkWink

Moksha
73??

And I forgot one thing, you have TC!
TC has a feature to change file associations in File menu, Associate with..., it's better than Control Panel: if I remember correctly, the Windows tool can only associate with the program files (exe), TC can set the icon of the file, the commandline of the program and the description of the filetype...
Big Grin 
Peti Wrote:73??

Thanks a lot again.........yes TC has a comprehensive database to change file association.... Thanks for the tip.CoolCool

As for "73", well.... being a HAM Radio Operator thats the signing off remarks on the radio, which is = With Best - Warm Regards. If you were a lady I would have gladly added "88" = Love & Kissies WinkWinkWink

Moksha
Moksha Wrote:Thanks a lot again.........yes TC has a comprehensive database to change file association....

No, it isn't the database of TC. Total Commander loads association informations from the Windows Registry.

Moksha Wrote:Thanks for the tip.CoolCool

Any time, MokshaWink
Please post a reply here.

54 6F 74 61 6C 20 41 6F 6D 6D 61 6E 64 65 72 20 55 6C 74 69 6D 61 20 50 72 69 6D (and this was the name of TC UP as hexa codeWink)
[HUN Wrote:Peti]54 6F 74 61 6C 20 41 6F 6D 6D 61 6E 64 65 72 20 55 6C 74 69 6D 61 20 50 72 69 6D (and this was the name of TC UP as hexa codeWink)
It is not Tongue
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
You're right about that...
I hope this is the exact match:

54 6F 74 61 6C 20 43 6F 6D 6D 61 6E 64 65 72 20 55 6C 74 69 6D 61 20 50 72 69 6D 65