Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lister for my Windows!
Exclamation 
This is a bit complicated, but I try to explain it well:
So I have ACDSee installed on my computer and I liked it very much until I first 'met' TC UP & its plugins. ACDSee 9 is very slow, I have to wait for loading, TC UP's Imagine (if I remember the name correctly) works much faster.
ACDSee can't handle ico and icl files as TC UP's plugins can...

So I started to think about it and I found the answer:
associate file types with TC UP... it would be great but TC can't be run for its Lister only.
BUT there is a standalone Lister.exe. It should work just as TC's lister. I tried to make it work, but I couldn't.
So I ask you (especially ULTIMA PRIME) can you somehow include a working lister?

PS: I know Registry well enough to set associations in it for these file types... so if you need help on it, just ask me! Wink
[Image: selifest_admin.png]
[Image: selifest_wiki_auth.png]
[HUN Wrote:Peti]
This is a bit complicated, but I try to explain it well:
So I have ACDSee installed on my computer and I liked it very much until I first 'met' TC UP & its plugins. ACDSee 9 is very slow, I have to wait for loading, TC UP's Imagine (if I remember the name correctly) works much faster.
ACDSee can't handle ico and icl files as TC UP's plugins can...

So I started to think about it and I found the answer:
associate file types with TC UP... it would be great but TC can't be run for its Lister only.
BUT there is a standalone Lister.exe. It should work just as TC's lister. I tried to make it work, but I couldn't.
So I ask you (especially ULTIMA PRIME) can you somehow include a working lister?

PS: I know Registry well enough to set associations in it for these file types... so if you need help on it, just ask me! Wink
I don't like this idea. External lister will start slower than the internal one, it will also take additional hard drive space and memory (when started). And would be another thing that's not portable. Furthermore, I don't see the point - personally I don't care what do I have associated in the registry because if I see a picture on my PC - I see it through TC, so I can run the internal one.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
Maybe slower and maybe more 0.5 MB.
But I'd like the idea of file association in TC UP.
So more info on this lister thing just for Ultima PrimeSmile
can be downloaded at: Total Commander - Lister
it is the version 6.5 TC's lister

Lister is a standalone viewer for text, binary, hex, html and unicode files.
It can also display bitmaps and multimedia, and other bitmap formats through
Irfanview as a filter.

Usage:

lister.exe [Parameters] [filename]

Parameters:
/A Use ANSI font
/S Use ASCII (DOS) font
/V Use variable font
/T1 Display as plain text
/T2 Display as binary
/T3 Display as hex
/T4 Display as multimedia
/T5 Display as html-text
/T6 Display as unicode
/T7 Display as UTF8 (8bit multibyte Unicode)
/I=ini_file name Set different name of INI file, default is wincmd.ini

one more thing... I tried to make this working, but I'm not an expert of TC, so you may have better luck on it
association really isn't a problem...Trust me on this!
hmmm...
I was wrong about it, now I tried and it is working just fine!
only problem is that it has a Win9x look and not XP, but I can fix it in no time

I'll make the program for ya.