Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different language in button bar tooltips
ULTIMA Wrote:You can always unistall TC UP and install again from the begening, setting needed lang during installation.

This is a bit BRUTAL (Big Grin) solution I think. And the user loses all his (or her) settings by this...

TC UP.exe? It can copy files, and?
How should a (beginner) user know what files to copy? I meant user could change it with a single click and not with a Very long command line after TC UP.exe.
Hmmm. I don't know what users think about this...
[Image: selifest_admin.png]
[Image: selifest_wiki_auth.png]
I dont write "user use TC UP.exe", i write "This is possibles, thanks to TC UP.exe, but i dont think it is necessary"

You use Hungarian version - how many times You need change TC UP to other language, after instalation - but seriously?
ULTIMA PRIME Wrote:I dont write "user use TC UP.exe", i write "This is possibles, thanks to TC UP.exe, but i dont think it is necessary"

You use Hungarian version - how many times You need change TC UP to other language, after instalation - but seriously?

An average user doesn't really have to...You're right about thisBig Grin
BTW I sometimes change it because I write you about a bug or something & I think it's better if I use the English names in TC UP then.
ULTIMA PRIME!
Do you remember when I asked you to let me use TC UP in my own product?
As I said I'm working on a special Windows PE 2.0 (Vista-based) (WinPE picture on Wikipedia), and I included TC UP as a default file manager.
What if I want to publish my PreinstallationEnvironment (I call it PetiPE, though Genesis sounds nice... I like Peti better, what do you think?Wink)? And of course I want multilangual interface...
So as I told you before... a language changer would be useful in TC UP, and it could reduce the install size: all configs for all languages are stored on the hard drive, you could free up some space by storing only the different values in the ini files (you're right, it needs a program, but the program I sent you yesterday (INI Addition) works the same way).
[HUN Wrote:Peti]
ULTIMA PRIME!
Do you remember when I asked you to let me use TC UP in my own product?
As I said I'm working on a special Windows PE 2.0 (Vista-based) (WinPE picture on Wikipedia), and I included TC UP as a default file manager.
What if I want to publish my PreinstallationEnvironment (I call it PetiPE, though Genesis sounds nice... I like Peti better, what do you think?Wink)? And of course I want multilangual interface...
So as I told you before... a language changer would be useful in TC UP, and it could reduce the install size: all configs for all languages are stored on the hard drive, you could free up some space by storing only the different values in the ini files (you're right, it needs a program, but the program I sent you yesterday (INI Addition) works the same way).
I doubt it will save space.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]
Why do you?
My current CONFIG directory takes 9.5 MB of space on my hard drive.
We can't reduce the size of Miranda cfg, but the other configs could be smaller this way... But even if this is useless and takes more space (I don't think so...) it may be useful later.
Why do you?
My current CONFIG directory takes 9.5 MB of space on my hard drive.
We can't reduce the size of Miranda cfg, but the other configs could be smaller this way... But even if this is useless and takes more space (I don't think so...) it sure will be useful in our future plans, or not?
But most of it will stay. I took a quick look into TC UP 2.6 dir (the latest I have installed here) and things that contain not only language strings, but also some settings take c.a. 75 KB / language. And your savings will be smaller, you'll still have to store most of it.
Currently this may not be a so much better solution. But you just have to think about later. This solution would be awful in the future, imagine: TC UP 6.0's config would take (approx.) 140 MB.
Currently this may not be a so much better solution. But you just have to think about our future plans. This solution would be awful in the future:
store from 2.7 to .... (2.6 is the first you know with that ini-addition). Imagine: TC UP 4.0's config would take (approx.) 140 MB.

If you are a simple user of TC UP you won't understand this, but you'll see later!Smile
Possibly in 5 years, configs will grow to this 140 MB. Then it would not mean too much, your clock will have more.
But you're right here, if it's possible to shave 5 MB out of 140, it's worth effort.
We don't need 5 years for this. But even if we do...
A current config dir (2.7) takes about 8 MB. And it will grow with every release. At least this should happen with ULTIMA install-scripting solution...
But look at mine: store only necessary files, in ini files store only necessary entries. The final size grows this way, too... but only with kilobytes, I guess.