Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different language in button bar tooltips
Sad 
Hi, everyone,

I have just started using TC UP, and it's really great program, but I have a quite annoying problem. I've set the program language to English (the only one I understand), and everything is fine, just, the tooltips at the buttons bar of the main bar are in Italian! The tooltips of other bars (bar 1 and bar 2) are in English, but of the main one aren't.

Also, I have just noticed that some dialog boxes are in Italian, too!!!

And I cannot find another way to fix it except manually editing every button Sad ! Is there another solution?

Please Help! And thanx!
Unistall TC UP and install again from the begening, setting English lang during installation.

Or

Copy %COMMANDER_PATH%\CONFIG\ENG\ENG\DEFAULT.bar, DEFAULT01.bar, DEFAULT02.bar to the TC UP main dir

Which coutry are you from?
ULTIMA PRIME Wrote:Copy %COMMANDER_PATH%\CONFIG\ENG\ENG\DEFAULT.bar, DEFAULT01.bar, DEFAULT02.bar to the TC UP main dir

Which coutry are you from?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! The second solution worked and it's ok now. Keep up the good work!

Btw, I'm from Serbia.
nvukelic Wrote:Btw, I'm from Serbia.

Maybe someday this lang will be in TC UP...
ULTIMA PRIME Wrote:
nvukelic Wrote:Btw, I'm from Serbia.

Maybe someday this lang will be in TC UP...

I truly hope so! Actually, there is Serbian language pack but it works only with TC 7 interface, but not with TC UP.
nvukelic Wrote:Actually, there is Serbian language pack but it works only with TC 7 interface, but not with TC UP.

Yes, i know, if someone translate TC UP to Serbian, i add this translation.
ULTIMA PRIME Wrote:Yes, i know, if someone translate TC UP to Serbian, i add this translation.

I'd like to do it, but I don't know how. Can I just edit English language file in notepad, or is it more complicated than that?
nvukelic Wrote:I'd like to do it...

Smile

nvukelic Wrote:...but I don't know how. Can I just edit English language file in notepad, or is it more complicated than that?

This is VERY simple, You use only txt editor and my advice.

Please, contact with me on mail, i send You needed files to translate.
nvukelic Wrote:I have just started using TC UP, and it's really great program, but I have a quite annoying problem. I've set the program language to English (the only one I understand), and everything is fine, just, the tooltips at the buttons bar of the main bar are in Italian! The tooltips of other bars (bar 1 and bar 2) are in English, but of the main one aren't.

Also, I have just noticed that some dialog boxes are in Italian, too!!!

And I cannot find another way to fix it except manually editing every button Sad ! Is there another solution?

Please Help! And thanx!

Let me guess! Did you install it with Italian language selected?
If so, your problem must be because you just changed the language in TC, it can change only the language files for itself and the menu.
Currently there is no way to cange all language-dependent files (like buttonbars) at once. I've suggested ULTIMA PRIME to let me make a program that does it but I have to say I don't remember what he answered.Big Grin
What dialogs? The dialog that shows when you press F7?
[Image: selifest_admin.png]
[Image: selifest_wiki_auth.png]
Peti Wrote:Currently there is no way to cange all language-dependent files (like buttonbars) at once. I've suggested ULTIMA PRIME to let me make a program that does it but I have to say I don't remember what he answered.Big Grin

You wrong, Peti.

This is possibles, thanks to TC UP.exe, but i dont think it is necessary.
You can always unistall TC UP and install again from the begening, setting needed lang during installation.