Total Commander Ultima Prime

One For All

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
64-bit?
Seeing that TC has gone 64-bit, will there be a 64-bit version of TCUP? I understand that all TC plugins need to be 64-bit too... what's happening on that horizon?
Near all computers purchased in previous and this year has 64 bit windows, even laptops. So we need TcUp in 64 bit too. Plugins is ported to 64 bit, why wait? Thanks for your hard work.
same here, i was waiting for 5.7 so bad hoping it would come in 64 bits ... i guess i'll keep on checking every day Cool
so?

how to run TCUP in x64 mode? (since there is totalcmd_64.exe in the TCUP folder...)
(07-30-2012, 06:43 PM)EvilDragon Wrote: Seeing that TC has gone 64-bit, will there be a 64-bit version of TCUP? I understand that all TC plugins need to be 64-bit too... what's happening on that horizon?

You noted the problem. Plugins. It will take a long time before 64-bit TC will have enough features to roughly offer what 32-bit does.

(09-03-2012, 01:38 PM)mirecek1965 Wrote: Near all computers purchased in previous and this year has 64 bit windows, even laptops. So we need TcUp in 64 bit too.
You're wrong. It's a fallacy that 64-bit OS needs 64-bit software.
Even Microsoft doesn't offer some of their programs in 64-bit because in that cases 32 bits work better. Visual Studio for example.
TC is one of programs that would indeed benefit from being 64-bit, but the benefit is rather low and a good majority of users would never notice any difference.
[Image: pcbsdec7.jpg]