Total Commander Ultima Prime Forum

Full Version: TC UP in blog [Sk]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I only want to notice about post in my blog, which said to readers what does mean ... "TC ultima prime project"

http://my.opera.com/xbrook/blog/2008/08/...tima-prime

PS: written in slovak language for slovak users [Image: declare.gif]

EnJ0y!
2xbrook
Nicely written article.
I liked the phrase that Opera is great by its own ("je kapitolou sama o sebe").
Please change site address to http://tcup.eu or http://tcup.pl/index.php?l=sk .

Oh! And you forgot about great support here Wink
VĎAKA xbrook!
Hey men, i didnt forgot about suppport here! i am still thinkin about that to say about forum support in article in future. There will be informations about internal plugins, "light hidden functions", i want to subscribe virus false positive things and after that focus on most head programs as aimp, km player, xnview and target will be to explain TC UP to all basic users from my sight in slovakia.

and u have to eliminate virus false detection, because on internets forums there is a lot of reaction: dont install that, there is a virus

[Image: good.gif]
2xbrook
The only possibility to remove false alarms is to not including problematic applications but this is the road to nowhere. Even if you report the issue to the authors of antiviruses, you can never be sure that it will not appear anymore. You don't know will other app be in their databases if the future either.

To have false feeling of security we should remove: FtpPasswordRipper, Revelation, wbx plugins and maybe something more. This list can never end. What if some day i.e. Avira will alert you that "XNResourceEditor is suspicious". Should we also remove this tool?
fenixproductions Wrote:2xbrook
The only possibility to remove false alarms is to not including problematic applications but this is the road to nowhere. Even if you report the issue to the authors of antiviruses, you can never be sure that it will not appear anymore. You don't know will other app be in their databases if the future either.

To have false feeling of security we should remove: FtpPasswordRipper, Revelation, wbx plugins and maybe something more. This list can never end. What if some day i.e. Avira will alert you that "XNResourceEditor is suspicious". Should we also remove this tool?

I also think that we should do something about it, this issue greatly reduces TC UP creditability. IMO we should remove FTPPasswordRipper and Revelation. Antiviruses recognize them correctly - as password revealers. The other tools are nothing that AV companies could complain about so sending false positive reports is the way to go.
Actually I did it with WBX some time ago, but either there are new mistakes or it wasn't fixed..
2m^2
I know we should do "something" but...
IIRC Ultima sent once an info to Nod32 authors and they corrected their databases for short period of time. Few db updates later problem returned.

I agree that mentioned tools could be removed and maybe WBX'es (are they used?).

PS. Sorry if it was other antivirus.
Ok, I got good news for everyone! This is my third time I have submitted the sample of "starter.wbx" to the Avira virus labs and finally they agreed that this was a false positive. Below is the partial copy of the e-mail I have received from them:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your email to Avira's virus lab.
Tracking number: INC00191227.

A listing of files alongside their results can be found below:

File ID - 3813759
File size - 6.5 KB
File name - starter.wbx
Result - FALSE POSITIVE

The file 'Starter.wbx' has been determined to be 'FALSE POSITIVE'. In particular this means that this file is not malicious but a false alarm. Detection will be removed from our virus definition file (VDF) with one of the next updates.
Big thanks John, this is very good news

and

Veľká vďaka ešte raz Vladimír.
My pleasure Smile, I like what you guys do here Cool
Pages: 1 2