Total Commander Ultima Prime Forum

Full Version: TC UP New...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All!
I'm Major Peter from Hungary.
I am the one who made TC UP New....

If you have any suggestions, questions or problems (and you may have because this is a beta) you just have to write on this forum!

Thx!

PS: this program has much more bugs than TC UP AutoPlay has.
Hi,
I wish TCUPNew has one functionality that exists in default TC make directory function (F7). When the cursor is on a file or dir and the F7 is pressed the name of that file/dir appears in dialog box as suggested name for the new directory. Is it possible to apply it to TCUPNew? It would be pretty helpful.
Regards,
Maciek
mz1975 Wrote:Hi,
I wish TCUPNew has one functionality that exists in default TC make directory function (F7). When the cursor is on a file or dir and the F7 is pressed the name of that file/dir appears in dialog box as suggested name for the new directory. Is it possible to apply it to TCUPNew? It would be pretty helpful.
Regards,
Maciek

From version 2.7 the default action on pressing F7 is launching TC UP New, this is done. (By the way that button (F7 New Directory) is hard or almost impossible to modify Sad.) The cursor thing: the file/directory name under the cursor is stored in TC so it can be read from TC (so it is possible for Ghisler, but I'm not him), BUT TC UP New is an external program, so this is not possible (or at least we don't know how to get that name).
We always try to make TC UP New better and better but we sure have some restrictions like this. It would be easier if we could work together with Ghisler, but he works alone (at least without usWink).

Anyway I can say that we will keep looking for a solution, but I don't think we'll find it.
Hy!

I have TCUP 2.7
How can i turn off TCUPNew ?
I don't like it. It crashed many times.
I want to use the normal Total Tommander F7 key.

Thx.
Config->Misc->Redefine hotkeys->(select "F7")->the small magnifying glass button->FileOperations->cm_mkdir->ok->small green "ok"->ok
Could you please tell us more about these crashes? In our tests, TC UP New was perfectly stable, otherwise it wouldn't be added.
This pop up window comes up, and after that i can't do anything with the TCUPNew window, I can close the window with the error message.
But if I try to close TCUPNew , the error window pops up again.
It's the same thing with button OK or Cancel. I can close it only in the task manager.
The error message: "Access violation at address 004A4E3C in modul 'TCUPNew.exe' Read of address FFFFFFFF "

Thx for the help.
csolaszol86 Wrote:This pop up window comes up, and after that i can't do anything with the TCUPNew window, I can close the window with the error message.
It's the same thing with button OK or Cancel. I can close it only in the task manager.
The error message: "Access violation at address 004A4E3C in modul 'TCUPNew.exe' Read of address FFFFFFFF "

At first: thanx for the bug report.
TC UP New had some errors like this before (I fixed them I thought), but only on restricted accounts. Mainly because of Windows' restrictions: when you close TC UP New, it saves its options to a file (TCUPNew.ini). This file is located in the directory of TC UP New, by default on C:\ ...
Windows doesn't allow any application to write on this partition (or maybe TC UP New only Smile ).
If you are using a restricted account, it's normal when you see an error message once. After that you can close TC UP New. And you shouldn't see the error message ever again...

Are you an administrator on your PC?
Peti Wrote:The cursor thing: the file/directory name under the cursor is stored in TC so it can be read from TC (so it is possible for Ghisler, but I'm not him), BUT TC UP New is an external program, so this is not possible (or at least we don't know how to get that name).

Anyway I can say that we will keep looking for a solution, but I don't think we'll find it.

The current beta version of TC UP New can handle the name under the cursor in TC. I found the solution which is a small setting in parameters (found it in TC's help file). Unfortunately it has other bugs Sad so I don't know how we will release its new (1.2) version as a part of TC UP 2.8.
[HUN Wrote:Peti]
csolaszol86 Wrote:This pop up window comes up, and after that i can't do anything with the TCUPNew window, I can close the window with the error message.
The error message: "Access violation at address  004A4E3C in modul 'TCUPNew.exe' Read of address FFFFFFFF "

At first: thanx for the bug report.
TC UP New had some errors like this before (I fixed them I thought), but only on restricted accounts. Mainly because of Windows' restrictions: when you close TC UP New, it saves its options to a file (TCUPNew.ini). This file is located in the directory of TC UP New, by default on C:\ ...
Windows doesn't allow any application to write on this partition (or maybe TC UP New only Smile ).
If you are using a restricted account, it's normal when you see an error message once. After that you can close TC UP New. And you shouldn't see the error message ever again...

Are you an administrator on your PC?

Yes, I am an administrator on my PC. There is two account, but both of them is administrator.
The OS is Windows XP SP2 + updates from web.

The TCUPNew.ini :
; This file was created by TC UP New 1.1. Modify at your own risk.
[lang]
language=C:\Program Files\TC UP\PLUGINS\Tools\TCUPNew\Languages\Hungarian.lng
[mode]
mode=dir
[history]
extensions=|
filename=
dirname=
[settings]
filename=1
ext=1
autocomp=1
skin=1
edit=0
editor=
close=1
brackets=0
digits=0
lowest=0

In TCUPNew I write an "a" then Enter
=> Error window pops up ,an "a" dir is made => Enter , the pop up window disapears, in the text field is still an "a" => Enter=> TCUPNew is closed, and an "a0" dir is made.

After closing the error window, I can click "OK" . It makes what Enter makes, but by clicking Cancel or the X to close, the error window pops up again.
I can click on settings, it is OK.
csolaszol86 Wrote:Yes, I am an administrator on my PC. There is two account, but both of them is administrator.
The OS is Windows XP SP2 + updates from web.

The TCUPNew.ini :
; This file was created by TC UP New 1.1. Modify at your own risk.
[lang]
language=C:\Program Files\TC UP\PLUGINS\Tools\TCUPNew\Languages\Hungarian.lng
[mode]
mode=dir
[history]
extensions=|
filename=
dirname=
[settings]
filename=1
ext=1
autocomp=1
skin=1
edit=0
editor=
close=1
brackets=0
digits=0
lowest=0

In TCUPNew I write an "a" then Enter
=> Error window pops up ,an "a" dir is made => Enter , the pop up window disapears, in the text field is still an "a" => Enter=> TCUPNew is closed, and an "a0" dir is made.

After closing the error window, I can click "OK" . It makes what Enter makes, but by clicking Cancel or the X to close, the error window pops up again.
I can click on settings, it is OK.

Good idea! Sending ini file is a good way of telling what is on your PC.
I copied this ini file to my one, and: I have the same bug. Big Grin

This means the problem is not in Windows' settings, but in my work.Smile
I don't know what causes this but I'll try to fix it in v1.2.
BTW: You can "disable" the bug by clicking Settings button, then Settings tab, and then Reset to default, Reset button or you can delete the ini file, but if you do it you'll see some error messages about the language file.

Did you modify your ini file with something before you first saw this error? (its 'extensions' entry looks strange)
Pages: 1 2